Preparing your house for listing is the most time consuming part of the process. Although challenging and often times emotional, the following tips and tricks will result in a short period between listing and under contract!
- Remove all yard clutter.
- Pressure wash home’s exterior as needed, including patios and decks.
- Apply paint as need to siding, trim, fences.
- Wash all windows.
- Tighten and clean all door handles.
- Pressure wash all concrete surfaces.
- Ensure all gutters and downspouts are firmly attached.
- De-clutter garage.
- Blade gravel driveways or seal coat driveway.
- Freshly cut grass.
- Weed, clean and trim garden beds and retaining walls.
- Remove excess wall hangings and family photos.
- Remove excess furniture and knick knacks.
- Deep clean bathrooms (this includes drawers!)
- Deep clean kitchen appliances.
- Swap out fresh linens (ie bathroom towels).
- Crisp white bedding.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Repair all plumbing leaks.
- Be sure all light bulbs are in working order.
- Replace broken outlet covers.
- Thin out all cabinets and closets.
- Wash windows.
Use our checklist to get your property in tip-top shape. Contact Us if you are ready to learn the potential benefits of listing NOW.